Thursday, July 16, 2009

So close..

Ah, the final week of school before natsuyatsumi (Summer vacation). The most memorable moment was what happened today, but of course, everything that happens here is memorable. My class threw me a surprise farewell party. I sort of knew it was coming, but to see them start writing “Farewell Party for Anna” up on the blackboard.. it still hit me as hard as it would have if it was a surprise, even more so because I knew it was going to come.. I cried on Mai’s shoulder who was on my left.. And then Wakana called me over, and told me “ないていいよ。” So, lawl, what did I do? I cried of course.

And then everyone asked what was wrong, and I could help but half laugh and half cry at Wakana’s answer. I gunna really miss everyone..

Drinks were passed around, and so were snacks and then after that, we all “かんぱい!-ed.” And drank our drinks and ate our snacks. I didn’t eat mines because we had lunch just before, so I was still full.

After that, we played a game of Musical Chairs, but of course, they have a different name for it.. We got five girls, three guys, and my homeroom teacher to play, I was included in one of the five girls. And as we played, we walked around the circle of chairs, and when the music stopped, of course we all scrambled to sit down. I won in the end, but I had a feeling that Hirono, the person who was controlling the music, was timing it so that the music stopped when I was near the chair, so I didn’t really win..

Haha, after that, I got messages from my classmates, sort of. So, Tomohito was the “representative” of the boys, and since everyone was sitting in a circle, me and him were facing each other right in the middle of the circle. It took him a while to start talking, and it was super embarrassing just standing there waiting for his message, which was supposed to be from the boys of the class. Lawl, Hirono started counting down from ten and then everyone got quiet and then he started with.. “はじめて。。” and then everyone started cracking up, ‘cause it was reeeaaalllyyy quiet.. “わたしは好きでした!” LOLWHUT? The whole class started cracking up, and even I couldn’t help but laugh, and then after that, he bowed, with his hand extended and was like.. “おねがいします!” and so of course I shook his hand.. lawl, that was really awkward..

After that, Hirono was the representative of the girls and she gave me her message. It seems everyone is really embarrassed to talk to me or something.. but when it’s just friends around and not classmates, they talk really freely, maybe it’s just that the whole class’s attention was on them or something.. After that, I gave them my message, in English, and I just.. started crying, like a baby.. .-. How embarrassing.. After that, Morikyo-sensei translated, and after THAT, Izumi was to give me my present, which happened to be a t-shirt and two paper things that had everyone’s message for me.

I don’t know how they planned this without me knowing.. and passing it around without me seeing.. I must be either totally oblivious to what’s happening behind me or they’re really good at being sneaky with surprises..

After that one hour period of homeroom, we had two hours of like.. food/baby development kind of thing but they had a test, so it was kind of boring. I swear, one of the teachers there hate me. She like.. gives me this really weird look every time I pass her, and even if I smile.. she just gives me a blank face.. Ahhhhhh, I don’t know, she just gives me this bad feeling.. Uh, after that, we had cleaning to do, where, as usual, I goofed around. I was like.. “ゆい!好きです!” “ひろの!好きです!” and all my other friend’s names.. lawl, wonder where I got that from? Haha, it was all in good fun, and at the end, even Takeru was like.. “Tomohito, gambatte!”

Ah, I can’t wait for tomorrow! It seems that me and my friends will be going to the park that we can see from the school. Ah, it’s so exciting! So, we’ll be going there after school.

Ah yes, I also found out that my classmates had planned out a barbeque for the 18th or 19th, but guess what? I WON’T BE HERE. WHERE OH WHERE WILL I BE? I’ll be in stupid Naha, doing some stupid YFU thing, where we are “obliged” to go. WHAT THE HECK? It’s my last week here, and I don’t even get to spend it in Miyako, no, I have to spend my weekend doing some stupid YFU thing that’s probably supposed to be “fun” but is just a big hassle to gather all the Okinawa YFU students.. like.. what the heck? ._. Seriously now?

Ugh. And then, my friends moved the barbeque to the 20th, and then I told my host parents and they were like.. Oh, no, we can’t do that! We planned snorkeling and jet skiing for you. Uh. .-. Okay. Seriously, I think I spend enough time with my host family as is. I go with Kaho to her English lessons, her violin lessons, her violin lessons.. I go with Kaito to his baby swimming lesson where I don’t even DO anything. I just sit there and watch him splash around with my host mom or dad.. and then I help my host mom with dinner.. I help my host parents with laundry, I hang the laundry I fold the laundry. Every. Single. Night. TOGETHER. WHY OH WHY can I not spend time with my friends?

Ugh. I think this is more of a rant post than anything.. So, I’m supposed to tell everyone that the 20th is impossible, even though they went through all the trouble to change it. WHAT THE HECK. ._. Ugh. I’m just having a badddd day today. Kaho’s acting up again, she won’t listen to her mom.. it’s ridiculous how that girl can treat her parents. She gives them attitude, talks to them in a voice that.. is not a voice you should talk to your parents at all.. and she even screams “いいえ!” at them.. .____.

Oh well, last week here. Trying to make the best out of it, but it’s not looking too good with two days knocked out because of stupid YFU orientation. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be having so much fun over there, you sort of don't want to come back huh? It seems like so much fun, hanging out and going out with those friends. Over here, there's not much to do. And even with the German people back, oh man -- the drinking and partying they've done -- they find it boring here back in the US.

    (22cm)

    ReplyDelete