Sunday, July 12, 2009

Let's Play!

Ahhh, it’s been a while.. I’m quite sorry! Let’s see.. Thursday. Well, on Thursday.. let’s see.. Ah yes! I had taiku (P.E.) on Thursday. It was super fun! Guess what we played? :3 We played dodgeball! Haha, lots of shouting and shrieks and close encounters with the ball. At one point in the game.. Wakana and Misaki started aiming the ball at Shouko. She was right in the middle, Misaki was on our side of the court and Wakana was on the other side. Lawl, it was amusing to see Shouko run left and right to avoid their throws. Let me tell you, it was super hilarious, I couldn’t stop laughing after, which made me quite a target for the other girls..

Well, after that was lunch, so we went to buy our lunch and ate in our regular lunch spot, which, as always, was the classroom right next door to our homeroom class. After school, I went to watch Nanami finish her yukata. She got close, but she didn’t finish, but that day, we were joined by Akane, Jun, Takeru, Hirono, Natsumi, Miharu, and Shouta. There were a lot of people that day, but they were all there really just to hang out and talk. It was really fun on Thursday, and I started on making a bag.

Friday, we had a two hour period where we were sewing, so I finished the bag, reversible by the way, and gave it to Nanami as a birthday present! Nanami finished her yukata, and.. yeah, that was about it.. The most fun thing on Friday was making cookies, which was period five and six.

We went into a building where it was super hot, and there was like.. no air conditioning. I felt like I was in a super hot oven.. Me and Misaki paired up to make our cookies, which turned out delicious, but.. not so delicious looking. The “in the making” pictures I have, but none with me because.. lawl, who wants to see me anyways? :D Well, while we were mixing the butter into the sugar into the flour, we would trade off every three minutes.. we were beating that thing REAL good. Lawl, it would be like this.. “Misaki! スウィチ!” and then three minute later, Misaki would be “Anna, スウィチ!スウィチ!” Haha, really fun.

When we got back to class, I shared my cookies with everyone, because I wasn’t really hungry.. the sensei gave each of us two pieces of round bread, which was regular bread, and I ate one, and gave the other to my sensei who I ran into going to the school gate. Turns out, my host mom wouldn’t be coming until about six, so I had to go back to the sewing room where Nina and Misaki and Miharu were. They were “working” on their yukatas.. in truth, we were playing around with the extra felt lying around.

So, after it was like.. six, I went to the school gate where my mom came to pick me up.

Saturday.. we.. well.. let’s see.. we went shopping for Kaito’s birthday party, which was going to be a barbeque. And let’s see.. after we went shopping for his birthday party food.. Me and my host mom went obi shopping. Who knew a pretty yellow obi was so hard to find? UGH. You seriously can’t find a pre-made yellow obi unless it isn’t part of a set.. We also looked for geta, but the only pretty geta was at マルエー and it was too small for me. XD Like.. I think all Japanese women have small feet.. or all the big feet people buy the shoes when they first come out.. you can only find like.. twenty three centimeter shoes.. I’m twenty four point five centimeters, by the way.. Lawl. .-. Epic fail right there.

(JULIE. WHAT’S JOOR SHOE SIZE? :D In cm btw please! :3)

Well, after that, we went to go pick Kaho up from her ballet class and then we went to buy my seifuku ribbon, ‘cause I wanted one. The one I have now is so thin! D: I’m totally not liking it at all. So I bought myself one. :D And after that, we went back home, and we cleaned up the house to get ready for the barbeque later that night.

After that, I started working on my goodbye speech to the school ‘cause I knew I’d have to give one.. and as I was writing it in English.. I swear I started to cry. It’s so sad, I can’t believe I only have one more week of school, and two more weeks left here on this beautiful island..

So.. Sunday, I woke up at like.. nine thirty, ate breakfast and then me and my host dad went snorkeling! Kaho couldn’t go ‘cause she had some ballet or piano thing to go to, and so my host mom didn’t come either, but OMG. Snorkeling was super fun!

Before we actually went into the deep end of the water, my host dad gave me some snorkeling “lessons” and after I showed him my breathing and my “Pfft” to clear the snorkel tube of water.. I took a good look down at my feet and.. I nearly screamed. FISH. TINY LITTLE CUTE FISH. O_O OMG. Why did I not notice them at first? They were swimming freely in the water and we started swimming more and more towards the corals.. and goodness, if only it was a bit more sunny, but it was beautiful!

The water was a sea green, the fishes were colorful.. I saw Nemo and Marlin swimming happily in their anemone home.. So adorable! And the bright blue fish.. They really are blue, and the other fishes were just as colorful.. Ah, so cute! I’d do anything to snorkel again! The ocean is just so beautiful.. I’d love to snorkel when the weather is more favorable though.. I’m going jet skiing on the twentieth I think..

The twenty first is when I hang out with friends, so.. Yeah, ugh, WHY DO I ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT? I keep thinking what the heck did I do all this time while I was here in Miyakojima? It’s such a short stay and.. I wish I did more things, talked to more people.. this feeling of not making the best of my experience is coming out and I can’t help but feel I didn’t do all that I could.. It’s such a helpless feeling..

Anyways, to end this on a good note, today, I’m going to Aya’s concert tonight, Miyako High School’s brass band concert. Aya is my neighbor, her brother is Ryouya, and they sometimes come over to play. I can’t wait to hear them play! Alright, so now everybody’s getting ready to go, so I gotta go too!~

No comments:

Post a Comment