Friday, July 10, 2009

かにさん!

So, lets see… Nothing much happened on Monday, I went to school like usual, and after school, I went to the sewing room with my friend Misaki to finish our yukatas together. I actually didn’t finish, and Misaki had to go to her swim class because she had missed too many days. Near the end, six o’clock, Misaki came back along with Nanami and Jun, who also swam on that day.

Tuesday! This is where things get a little more interesting.. On Tuesday, I went to school, and after school, I went to finish my yukata.. yeah, again. At around six o’clock, sensei had to head home.. and ugh, how frustrating! Only after a little bit more, and I would have been done.. Tuesday, Nanami and Jun were the only ones there to finish their yukata, and they didn’t really finish either. When I was waiting for my host mother to come pick me up, I talked with them, and then, when six twenty came rolling around (the time my host mother said she’d be there) I said my goodbyes and headed out towards the school gate to wait for her.

Today would be the day we would go to see kani-san, or crabs. Once every year, the crabs that live on the land cross the road to lay their eggs in the ocean. Sounds cool right? Well, it sounded cool to me. XD Like something from a story book. We were going to watch that! Yay. My host mom told me we’d be leaving at eight and so I had to finish eating and taking my shower by then, and when my dad came home from his cello lesson, we would go to watch the crabs lay their eggs.. or well, release their eggs into the sea.

Ugh, as usual, my host sister dragged. We didn’t actually leave the house until about eight thirty. We went to the golf course to pick up Kaho’s friend, Motoko, and then we were off, to the north point of Miyako. Since it was really dark and late, there were no cars around, and so to get there faster, my dad started driving reaaaalllyyy fast. It was really fun, but a bit scary, seeing as how roads here are so narrow.. the speed limit is forty km/h in many places on the island, but my host dad drove.. on average at about 80 km/h, we even hit 103 km/h at one point on our trip to the north point of the island!

When we got there, I made sure to spray myself with bug repellent stuff so that I wouldn’t get any new bug bites.. ugh I’m sick of it, I got three new ones the other day.. it’s terrible, but I guess I’m learning to live with it.. but I’m thinking these will scar.. D:

When we got out, I held onto Motoko’s hand because she was deathly afraid of the crabs. LAWL, did I mention, when we got there, there were crabs crossing the road? And at like.. 60 km/h my host dad managed to avoid three crabs, and then he started to slow down. They were crossing the road either to get to the ocean or to come back because they were done. Turns out, they were returning because they were done. We came late. Why? Because Kaho was being really slow. Ugh.

We went a little bit further down the road and turns out, there was a stretch of beach where there were still crabs that had not released their eggs into the sea yet, and so we stayed there. The trip down to the beach was a bit tricky, a rope was tied to a tree because it was a steep incline and the place was pretty rocky. Kind of like a small cliff? I don’t know how to describe it.. I should have taken a picture.. .-.

Well, it was easy for me, but for Kaho and Moto, the younger kids, it was quite difficult for them. So we got down there, and I managed to take a lot of pictures of crabs and I managed to get a few videos of the crabs doing their little “dance.” It’s quite interesting that they do it, but I guess it is necessary in order to release their eggs into the sea.

We stayed on the small stretch of beach for about an hour and then we returned back home. Tanabata was also on the same day, but because of the mangetsu, full moon, we couldn’t see the stars.. what a waste, will my wish of.. “東方神起に会えますように。” ever come true? Well, what a shame, it would’ve been really pretty to see the stars form a “bridge”, I’m actually referring to the story that goes along with Tanabata. I’m not too sure of the story, but when I have time to research it, I will put it up.

So, Tuesday was pretty interesting. I got to see something that only happened once every year, and so it was fun. It was also pretty cool to see my host dad going 80 km/h on a 40 km/h road.. Oh yes, did I mention? I almost stepped on a crab. It was super dark, and so Kaho and my host dad had the flash lights, and I was just wandering around, and it was pretty rocky, so I was concentrating on where Kaho was walking, and all of a sudden, Moto, who was holding my hand.. went.. “Woaaahhh!” and so I looked at my feet, saw two claws and started hopping around trying to avoid whatever was at my feet. As soon as that happened, my host dad shined the light at my feet and the large shadow of the crab appeared, confirming my fears. Lawl. That would have been bad.. stepping on a crab that could easily.. clamp me with it’s claws.. Yeah, don’t really want to think about that..

Today.. I didn’t do anything much really.. we watched Edward Scissorhands in English class, the first half of the movie anyways. I forgot, but someone told me it was a really good movie, so I guess I will see and find out if that holds true.. After school, I went to finish my yukata.. after about pinning fifteen pins in and sewing two lines on the machine.. I was done. Lawl, so I spent the rest of the time watching Nanami do her yukata, and near the end, one of my classmates, Akane, came in and started working on her yukata too.

Came home around six forty-five.. and what did I do.. eh, nothing really, ate dinner, took a shower. Got to use the internet for about twenty minutes, but I didn’t really accomplish anything.. Yeah, and now I’m about to go to bed, but blogging before I sleep so that everyone at home will be updated on my current status and what I’ve been doing for the past couple days. G’night everybody~

P.S. Shout out to Julie. Because I know she wants me to. :D

2 comments:

  1. 写真をもっとアップロードして下さい。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna! I just wanted to share a little something with you
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/xlilmissjuliex/livejournal/lolfml.jpg

    ReplyDelete