Friday, July 10, 2009

ように。。

So.. Friday. Lets start then. I woke up quite late for a school day.. and then ate breakfast with Kaho, my mother, and father, and then after that, my host dad got ready to leave for work. That morning, I would be meeting with the mayor, but the meeting time was.. nine forty-five.. I believe? So, I still had quite some time before then. I slowly ate breakfast, and after breakfast, I asked for permission to use the internet, and I got permission, so it was all good, but nobody was on! It was probably.. four in the morning in the states.. which is understandable.. I guess. Anyways..

At nine forty-five, we left the house and drove down to where the mayor was, and there was everyone else (Karen, Yeelin, and Andrea) waiting for us. They didn’t wait long, but still.. so we went up and sat in one room, and me and Andrea started talking about some things along with Karen, and then after that, we relocated to another room, where we met with the mayor and some newscast people.. and then we were asked to do a small self-introduction.. Now.. wait a minute.. LAWL This is Friday is it..? WAIT A SECOND. D: I don’t know which day is which… Friday.. I remember a big thunderstorm happening.. and then we saw a fire from the roof of the school, and black smoke was billowing everywhere.. and then.. what else.. the rain was really heavy on Friday.

Hmm.. Okay, nothing much. Saturday.. The day of the barbeque! Yay! Omgoodness, my dad brought out the and it looked so fun! BUT, why, oh why do I have to be a girl? Turns out.. THAT started on Saturday, and so I was just like.. moaning and groaning inside my head. Why did life have to be so unfair? So at around eleven o’clock, Kaito and my dad and I went to Kaito’s baby swimming session, and about halfway through, Yeelin came and we talked lots. After that, my dad drove both of us back to my house to start packing the jetski and other stuff, and me and Yeelin watched Smiling Pasta on my zune.

As we were talking, turns out, Yeelin also has THAT too, so today she wouldn’t be getting in the water. Man. What a way to start off a day, right? After we were all packed up, we headed to the beach, where me and Yeelin started to make a tower together.. which started to expand to four sand towers, and then to something connecting the towers together. It was really fun, and by ten minutes into the second tower, my legs couldn’t take it anymore, so I just sat down on the sand as I as. The sand was a bit wet, and so some water got into my pants, but all in all, it was okay. As Andrea and Karen started to arrive, we stopped building our castle thing.. and started talking to them and other stuff, but all of a sudden.. it started to rain! Oh no, it was raining! So we decided to move locations and we moved to another place, where I sat in the same car as Yeelin, and Yeelin’s host mom drove us to the other location. We got there, got out of the car.. and then ran underneath the place where there was a roof over it.

It didn’t help, it started raining here too, and so instead, Shimoji-san, Karen’s host parents, decided that it would be okay for everyone to come over, so we did, and we started the barbeque, and it was super fun. There were a lot of bugs though.. and bugs really give me a disgusting feeling.. like.. I really don’t like th bugs here on this island, maybe it’s just because I’ve gotten quite a couple bites from them, and I can’t stand them either.. Karen was my hero. She stepped in and started winding a small piece of tap around two fingers and started slapping the bugs and sticking them onto the tape. She and Minami, her host sister, happened to collect a lot of bugs. Ugh. Let me tell you.. there were a lot of bugs.

Afterwards, Yeelin’s host sisters wanted to play with my hair, so I let them, and the very end, I asked Yeelin to make my hair into a dango, and she makes it so pretty! I’m so glad she made my hair into a bun last because it was really neat and my hair didn’t get into my face that much anymore..

So we ended the barbeque and then Karen suggested we hang out tomorrow, which would now be today. I said it was fine, and then Karen told me she’d call later about the details. I went back home and then took a shower and then fell asleep.

Sunday, I woke up, helped make breakfast (pancakes), and then Kaho left for ballet school. I finished my designed for the shirt my dad asked me to make and then afterwards, my host dad, host mom, and host brother Kaito, and I went to Shima-T to get my picture of the design printed on the shirt. Turns out, color is okay and that the shop owner would be doing the color for me. I hope it turns out okay.. It’s a pretty nice design, so I hope he doesn’t screw anything up..

After that, I went to go buy some Takoyaki, but the store was closed, so we headed to the Jinja, or shrine. There, I rang the bell, bowed twice, clapped my hands twice and then bowed again making me wish. It was actually pretty fun, especially tossing the ten yen into the small place. My host dad got change for his five hundred yen and then we each put one hundred yen into the omikuji place. I got mine, and turns out, I got the best fortune. My omikuji I wil keep with me and use it to study! Afterwards, my host parents drove to Max-Valu, the big one, and then we ate food at Mister Donuts.

There, I met up with Karen, Yeelin, and Andrea and then we walked first, to the hyaku yen store, and I bought some things. After that, we dropped by gameland to take some purikura, and then after that, I went to the bookstore while Minami and Misato, Karen’s host sisters, were decorating or purikura pictures. Yeeling and Karen and Andrea came along with me, and I decided to buy a haircut magazine for my brother. For myself, I bought myself volume twenty-four of Hitman Reborn, and I will also use that to study Japanese. Turns out, twenty-four is the chapter I left off on when I was back in the states too, so yeah! But it isn’t the latest book out.. Oh well.

After the book store, we walked into the video/music store where me and Andrea fangirled over the 東方神起 CDs, especially the new single “Stand by U” I took a picture with the CDs.. which I will post up later. XD We looked at some movies and some dramas and some anime. We talked a lot about anime that we watched and how graphic some of them got in regards to violence.. like Claymore.. :<

After we were done with that, Karen’s mom drove all of us back to Karen’s house and then I got to write my wish and hang it on their tree sort of thing! My wish was.. “東方神起に会えますように。” Yeah.. Andrea’s wish was that she would get into NYU and Karen’s wish would be that her Japanese improved.

After writing our wishes down, we watched Ponyo. Omgosh, cutest movie ever! I just LOVE Ponyo. By the time we finished the movie, it was about.. six thirty.. or.. wait, it was about.. seven? I don’t remember.. and then my mom drove us back home. On the way back, I remembered my forgotten magazine, manga, and hyaku yen items, and called Karen’s house so that she would bring the items tomorrow. Hopefully she won’t forget, but I don’t think she will, Karen’s quite responsible.

Anyways, we got back, I helped with dinner and after that, we hung our own bamboo tree up and I got to write my wish.. I got two wishes this time, so I again, wished.. “東方神起に会えますように。” and I also wished.. “ファすとチェあーをゲットする!” My host dad’s diving friends came over and we talked and they also made wishes and we hung them up on the tree. After they went back home, I went to go take my shower and then get ready for school tomorrow. So that was my weekend. I’m kind of sad that the rain ruined the barbeque, but it was fun nonetheless. The food was great, but there were a lot of flies around..

Anyways, tomorrow I’m going to finish making my yukata! Yay! Well, goodnight everybody. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment